Telehealth appointments may be available
Contact your provider to see if a phone or video appointment is best for you
A telehealth appointment is an appointment by phone or video, so you don’t have to leave home. Telehealth appointments may be available for physical, mental health and even some dental appointments.
For help learning the basics of technology to help you with phone and video appointments, download our short guide: English | Spanish | Chinese | Russian | Vietnamese
Here are some reasons you might want a telehealth appointment:
- You have simple needs or questions for your provider that might not require an in-person visit.
- You have a prescription that needs to be refilled, but it requires a check-in with your provider.
- You do not feel comfortable leaving home because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) or other health issues.
Telehealth is safe and easy, because you can meet with a provider from wherever you’re most comfortable. For video appointments, you need:
- A smart phone, computer or tablet with a camera and a microphone.
- A strong internet connection — either Wi-Fi or connected by wire.
- Headphones if you need privacy during your visit.
If you need a language interpreter, including sign language, be sure to let your provider know and one will be provided for you. If you have questions or want to know more about telehealth visits, call Customer Service at 503-416-4279, toll-free 888-712-3258 or TTY 711. Our hours are October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily; and April 1 through September 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Here are some ways to help your phone or video appointment go smoothly:
- Find a quiet, private space so you can talk freely. Use a headset or headphones if you can.
- If possible, make sure your phone or computer has a camera.
- Get your phone, tablet or computer ready a few minutes early. You may have to download an app to connect to your provider.
- Remember that video uses a lot of cell phone data if you’re not on Wi-Fi.